Here is the method Geoffrey Zakarian described for cooking perfectly hard boiled easy to peel eggs in the April Favorites episodes of The Kitchen.
- Bring your eggs to egg temperature – VERY IMPORTANT
- Get a pot of boiling water
- Drop eggs into boiling water with a spoon 6 to 8 at a time
- Boil for exactly 12 minutes, not a second longer or shorter
- Strain water out
- Put cold water in just to the bottom edge of the middle of the egg
- Jiggle the pot, do not do this too hard or the egg will fall apartThe eggs will the sides, crack the shell, water will get inside, making them easy to peel