This weekend is my eldest daughter’s 12th birthday! She wanted to celebrate by having a sleepover. We had three of her closest friends over. So, with my daughters, there were five. They stayed up nearly all night. My DH and I finally went up to bed at about 1:30am. He fell asleep at 3am and they were still talking downstairs. The girls said they finally went to sleep at 5am! OMGosh!!
My daughter wanted me to make a sleepover cake like one we saw on Pinterest. Here is our version:
Yes, Pinterest, my latest obsession, comes in handy once again! I am sharing my Pinterest addiction with my daughter!
We made most of the cake ahead of time. Here are the instructions for making this deceptively easy cake:
1. Make a regular oblong cake.
2. Frost the top of the cake in the color that will be the “sheets” of the bed.
3. Put the icing in a decorator bag and use a ribbon type tip to make the dustruffle. You can use a different color that the sheets, but we used the same color.
4. Lay either Tastycakes Butterscotch Krimpets or Little Debbie Swiss Rolls for the bodies of the girls.
5. Add icing to the top of the snack cakes so the fondant comforter will stick to them.
6. Add a layer of fondant for the comforter.
7. Make balls of fondant for the heads. You can pinch a bit of the circle to make the noses (my 12 year old’s idea and it worked perfectly).
8. Use frosting to make the eyes, mouth, hair, names, and decorate the comforter.
9. Cut rectangles of fondant for the blankets that each girl decorated with icing.
My youngest made her blanket look like her favorite blanket: She is 10 and I was amazed at how great it came out!
This week back to working on the powder room, but I must say, this was a nice break. My daughter was so happy!! It was awesome to see her her thrilled! Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!! I love you!!!